The Influenza Specialist Group announces the inaugural ISG Annual Scientific Meeting Scholarship for 2014.
The ISG Scholarship to attend the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) aims to promote knowledge of influenza. It also provides the opportunity for the successful applicant to network with like-mined colleagues.
To download more information, including the application form, click the link: ISG ASM 2014 Scholarship
AIVC recommendations for the composition of influenza vaccine for Australia in 2014
The Australian Influenza Vaccine Committee (AIVC) met at TGA, Canberra, on 10 October 2013, to recommend influenza viruses to be used in the composition of the influenza vaccines for 2014.
On recommendation of the committee, the TGA has adopted the September WHO recommendations for the trivalent influenza vaccine components:
- A (H1N1): an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1) - like virus, 15 µg HA per dose
- A (H3N2): an A/Texas/50/2012 (H3N2) - like virus*, 15 µg HA per dose
- B: a B/Massachusetts/02/2012 - like virus, 15 µg HA per dose
Quadrivalent vaccines should contain viruses listed above, plus the additional B virus:
- B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus, 15 µg HA per dose.
* A/Texas/50/2012 is an A(H3N2) virus that following adaptation to growth in eggs has maintained antigenic properties similar to the majority of recently circulating cell-propagated A(H3N2) viruses including A/Victoria/361/2011.
The ISG now has its own Facebook page!
Like the Influenza Specialist Group page on Facebook and support us in spreading the knowledge about influenza and influenza vaccination – just click the button: